Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 4, 2014 - 6 months!

Dearest family,

Lots of things happened this week, but I don't remember a bunch.

I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Pulido and she's from Eagle Mountain, Utah but was born in Mexico. She's only 5' so I feel like a giant when I stand next to her. Her brother served in this same mission. She is the cutest and I'm excited to serve with her.

We had Tinga with the Huerta's. Holy cow. That's my new favorite meal. It was so dang good.

We finally got into Snow White's Cabbage house. The lesson was going so well and we were about to close with a prayer. Then, a man walked in and basically Bible bashed us and then they left without letting us close with a prayer. So we couldn't even count it as a lesson. Lame.

This weekend was a Hispanic conference. Saturday, we all got together for the day and played soccer, ate, and watched people dance. I got sunburned on my face so I look like a tomato right now. So hot. Sunday, we had a meeting at BYUI. It was awesome. So many good speakers there. I loved hearing their testimonies. Most of the members are the first ones to be baptized in their families. It's amazing to hear their stories and what strong faith they have. Another benefit of going to Rexburg was that I finally got to drive over 45 mph. David and Abby, I waved hi as I passed by your house.

I can't remember anything else. On Tuesday I'll be 1/3 of the way done with my mission. Crazy! It is flying. I love it here and I love the work! So much happiness comes from it.

Have a wonderful week! Happy birthday, Asher! Don't forget that I'm your favorite of all favorites!

Hermana Clay



No comments:

Post a Comment