Saturday, August 23, 2014

August 11, 2014

Hi family,

Today we're going to Yellowstone with Mohanas and the Lusk's!! So I won't be able to read or reply to any of your emails this week. Sorry.

This past week has been really great. We were able to meet a few new people. Hopefully they will become new investigators.

We saw Aide and Yvonne this week. Yvonne is Aide's ex-husband's niece that they adopted. It's complicated. Yvonne has been sitting in on the lessons ever since Sister Pulido came. She's the magic trick. We've gotten into houses that Sister Caballero and I never could.

We also taught Raquel. Goodness I just love her. And on Saturday she came to a baptism! She enjoyed it and at the end she asked what the program was talking about for the confirmation. We told her and she said she wanted to go! We have been trying so hard to figure out how to get her to church and she ended up asking us if she could go. Hallelujah. So we finally had an investigator at sacrament meeting yesterday.

Thursday was the Lusk's last day serving at the VC. I have gotten SO attached to them. I love them. They have been my adopted parents pretty much. They have taken such good care of the VC sisters. I am so glad that I have gotten to know them and that they live close enough to us that we can visit them.

Changes were made in our branch presidency yesterday. I am so happy with the change! We had dinner with the new branch president a long time ago and Sister Caballero and I both commented on how we thought he would be an awesome branch president. Hooray for changes!

Last night we had dinner with the Huerta's. She made Pozole!! My favorite. She also made this shrimp thing and it was nasty. First time I haven't liked something she's made. She's having us over on Thursday to celebrate my birthday. So excited to get even fatter.

Hope everyone has had a good week. Love you all and I'll reply to you next week!

Love,
Hermana Clay


No comments:

Post a Comment