Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Ruhter's Baptism! - 06/01/15

Hey family!

Wowzers, this week was insane! So many things happened! I'll talk about the most exciting part of the week at the end of this email, so if you don't have time you can skip to that. :)

We went on exchanges this week! I went to Shelley with Sisters Vargas and Cole! They are amazing and so much fun to be around! They are really excited about missionary work and have such strong testimonies.

On Wednesday morning, a man, Jaime, that was baptized in December (who we have never met because he's been out of town for months) called and said he and his fiance needed to get married THAT night. Sister Wilemon and I somehow pulled together a beautiful wedding in less than 12 hours. It was insane. We couldn't have done it without the help of so many people, especially Sister McLaughlin! She saved us! She is amazing and made the wedding look so beautiful!

We had a lesson with Debbie! She is the best and so funny. It was a super interesting lesson. There were more members there than usual. They pretty much took over the lesson. Not good. But! We were able to figure out more of her concerns on why she doesn't want to commit to baptism! They were pretty silly concerns and we feel like we can help her resolve them. We sure do love her!

Sister Wilemon got really sick on Thursday/Friday. She was throwing up all night long. We ended up taking her to the doctor's to get an IV and some nausea medicine. We stayed in the house the whole day. Let me tell you, it is SO boring when your companion is sick! You can only read your scriptures for so long. Luckily it only lasted a day though!

We had the Luau on Saturday! It was a huge success! So many people came. It was crazy. I completely forgot the dances and looked like a fool on the stage, but it was fun! A lot of non members came and were able to tour the church building. We are hoping that we see a lot of new investigators come from this!

Ok...the best part! The Ruhter family! Aaron and Dylan were baptized and confirmed this weekend!! MIRACLES!! It was such a beautiful baptism. The Spirit was so strong! Carter (the younger son) gave the sweetest opening prayer. He said, "Please bless that we can have another Family Home Evening soon." Haha so cute. Sister Ruhter gave an amazing talk about baptism and compared 2 Nephi 31:20 to Dylan and verse 21 to Aaron. Everything just went perfectly. Sister Ruhter told us that Dylan kept saying afterwards, "I just feel so warm inside! I feel warm in my heart!" Precious! We were able to go to their house on Sunday and I asked Aaron about how he felt. He said that everything was amazing and he felt so great. I asked how he felt coming out of the water and he said, "I felt so clean. It was like an instant cleansing." He also told us that when he received the Holy Ghost he felt "protected". I can't even begin to describe the happiness that was felt during this weekend. What will be even better is when Sister Wilemon and I see them be sealed in the temple one year from now. I can't wait for that day!

I love being a missionary. I am so grateful for the people here. They have made such a difference in my life! I love the Gospel and I know this church is true. Families can be eternal as we follow our Savior and Brother, Jesus Christ. He lives!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Look for the miracles in your life!

Hermana Clay











No comments:

Post a Comment