Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tender Mercies - 6/15/15

Hey family!

Not a whole lot to report on this week, but it was still a great week!

We went to the Shelley Spanish sisters area on Tuesday and did a blitz in their area. I went with Sister Vargas. She is such an incredible missionary! She is really good at making people feel comfortable. She loves everyone! We were able to do some service for a less active. I pretty much was drenched in sweat by the end. Gross, but it was fun.

We were asked to train at another zone's Zone Training on Wednesday. The whole meeting was wonderful! We went to lunch with the sisters afterwards and set some goals to help us become more full-purpose missionaries. We also trained at our Zone Training about Leadership Loyalty. This principle is one of the greatest examples I have seen from President Brinkerhoff. He always sustains his leaders and follows their counsel. Read Doctrine and Covenants 105:35-37. Each of us have been called to help others come to know their Savior, Jesus Christ. Now is the day of choosing. We will be chosen as we are living worthily. Those that follow the counsel of their leaders will be given power to bring about many great things.

We have started meeting with the Miller family. Sister Miller has been less active for a little over a year. She has gone through so many trials in her life and decided that the gospel was too much work. It was so sad hearing what she's had to go through and how she feels God does not listen to her. However, I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has brought her into our lives so that we can show her that He does love her. I know He does!

Aaron was able to bless the sacrament on Sunday! He said he was super nervous being in front of everyone, but that it was a great experience. I love seeing he and and his family progressing in the gospel!

Ready for the greatest tender mercy of all? I saw Richie at the Visitors Center!! We had to stop by to talk to some sisters and he ended up being there! It was SO great to see him again! He is doing amazing. He said that he's down to 2 cups of coffee and is in Alma 30. He also has been to chuch 5 times already. I asked him when his baptismal date is and he said, "I don't have one yet, but I feel it's coming close." Hooray! I told him it had to be before I went home so I could come see it! I sure do love him!

That's about it for this week! Transfer calls are on Thursday and we'll find out if I'm staying or leaving for my last transfer. Time is flying way too fast! Happy birthday to Chris this week! Love y'all tons!

Hermana Clay

PS I may not email next week. We might be going to Yellowstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment