This week was so great! A lot better than last week! We saw lots many miracles and had many service opportunities! Good things always come after the bad :)
We did a lot of contacting this week. I never received so many referrals before! It was awesome. A few of those referrals have been a success!
On Monday, we met Juan and Daniel while they were outside working in their yard. Daniel ended up being a member. He bore the strongest testimony about how the gospel has blessed him. It was the perfect unexpected member present lesson. We also went to visit Debbie this week. She is the cutest! We love her so much. She has been staying strong and hasn't had a drink in I think she said over 40 days. Hooray!
We had interviews with President Brinkerhoff on Tuesday. We received some counsel from him about how we could have at least one baptism this month. I'll talk more about that later on.
On Wednesday, we went to an older woman's house to help weed her yard. Holy cow, I don't think it had been weeded for years. It took us 2 hours just to clean up a little part of it. We're going to go back this week to finish up. We also were able to teach Maria. I love her. She is the sweetest! We read 2 Nephi 31 and she really liked it! She is still hesitant about baptism, but she really loves learning. I think the real reason she is hesitant is because of her family. They are all Catholic. We are praying that she will come to understand that the gospel is what will bring her the most happiness!
We were able to go to the Rexburg Temple! It was the best! We went with Sisters Vargas and Cole. My favorite Sister McLaughlin was so kind and took us all. I love going to the temple and I hope I always make it a goal to go frequently.
On Friday, we went to help Debbie clean her house. She is just the cutest lady! And her hugs are the best. It was good just to spend time with her. We also finally had another lesson with Destiny! Yay! She still really wants to be baptized, but her parents are holding her back. We're praying their hearts will be softened soon. It was about 8:45 when we finished that lesson and we hadn't invited anyone to be baptized yet (daily invitations is one of the mission goals). We literally ran from house to house to find someone to invite. No one was home except for the last house. A man opened and we were able to teach him a short lesson and invite him. We always have to keep working until the very end!
On Saturday, we went to help the Jones family do some yard work. Dad, I mowed the lawn! I thought you might be proud. We also did something called a "blitz" in our area. Three companionships split up with members to do work in our area. We were able to contact a bunch a people and find a few new investigators! We are so grateful to the missionaries who helped us out!
Sunday was Mother's Day! It was so great to talk to almost everyone! Sorry Mindi and Amy that we couldn't reach you! I gave a talk in the Spanish branch about how awesome Mom is. That was fun.
Alright, here's the biggest miracle of the week. Like I said earlier, President Brinkerhoff gave us advice on how we can have a baptism this month. He told us to call the Ward Council and ask who has been coming to church recently that is a non-member. Sister Wilemon was awesome and got right on it. She called the 8th ward and actually got a name! The Elders Quorum president, Brother Miner, told us about the Rhuders. The father is a non member and one of their kids is an over-aged youth. We were supposed to meet them at church, but we weren't able to. Brother Miner told us he would talk to them after church about meeting with us. After skyping and eating dinner, we called Brother Miner. He told us that the Rhuder's came up to him after church and asked how they could start taking the discussions. What?! That never happens! We stopped by their house last night and we have a return appointment for this Tuesday. Miracle!! I know that President Brinkerhoff and the other church leaders are inspired. This experience was proof of that!
Sorry for the super long email! This week was just too great! Happy birthday to Ryan Weaver, Julianne, Grandpa Clay, and Dallin this week! Love and miss you all tons!
Hermana Clay
Picture 1: At the temple!
Picture 2: Julia got baptized on Sunday! Another miracle! Wish I could have been there!
Picture 3. Mission conference


No comments:
Post a Comment