Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Squirrels in the attic - 4/27/15

Hey family!

This week was busy. We had 2 exchanges which were a lot of fun! I was with Sister Bradshaw and then Sister Rawlins. They are both amazing! Sister Bradshaw can testify with incredible power and Sister Rawlins works so well with the members. Those are two areas that I need to improve on, so it was great to learn from them!

We were finally able to set a baptismal date! It is with Jessica. She is the sweetest! She is 13 years old and really wants to be baptized. The only thing holding her back is her parents. Please keep her and her parents in your prayers! I know Heavenly Father can work a miracle and soften the hearts of her parents.

The missionaries in the stake that I am serving in have decided to put on a Luau. It is a lot of work! I can't dance to save my life, so it should be a pretty funny show for everyone. 

We had an incredible lesson with a new investigator, Debbie. She has been sober from alcohol for a little over 2 months and is still working on smoking. She has listened to the missionaries for years, but something seems to be different this time around. She expressed to us in the last lesson that she really wants the Holy Ghost as her constant companion. The Spirit was incredibly strong throughout the lesson. It has been so cool for me to see how the Atonement is helping someone overcome challenges in their life. 

On Friday, we had MLC. It was great and I learned a bunch! One thing that was focused on was keeping the Sabbath day holy. That is something that the Church is going to start putting a big emphasis on. In Preach My Gospel it says, "When a community or nation grows careless in its Sabbath activities, its religious life decays and all aspects of life are negatively affected." I believe this is why Heavenly Father wants us to focus on keeping this day holy. In Isaiah 58:13-14, we are told to make the Sabbath a delight. We need to put aside the things that we want to do. We can do those things a different day. We need to enter "into a spirit of worship, thanksgiving, service, and family-centered activities appropriate to the Sabbath." (PMG) As we keep this commandment, we will have a deeper understanding of the Atonement and we will come to love God more. I definitely am not perfect in this. I struggle with it. But, it is my goal to become better. Everyone should go review Elder Nelson'stalk on the Sabbath. He explains it a whole lot better. I would love for your feedback on his talk and keeping the Sabbath day holy! We are going to put a bigger emphasis on teaching this commandment, so I need all the help I can get!

That's about it for this week! Love you all lots! Happy birthday to Brittany, Zach, and Owen this week!

Hermana Clay


No comments:

Post a Comment