Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hashbrowns and Valentina - November 24, 2014

Hi Family!

I don't have a ton of time today, so it will be a quick one.

We had an amazing lesson with a man named Richie. His neighbors are members and invited him and us over to their home for dinner and a lesson. During companionship study that morning, we were stuck on what we needed to do. We knelt down and prayed and Heavenly Father let us know that we needed to invite him to be baptized on December 19th. It was a neat experience. Anyway, Richie is a super nice guy. We did a lot of how to begin teaching and then taught the Restoration. It was so powerful! As I testified of these truths, my testimony was again strengthened. I know that Christ's church is restored. It was so great to teach in a members home, as well. The Spirit was already there. These members were "Amuleks" and they added so much with their testimonies. A few days later, we had a church tour with Richie. It went well. He doesn't believe in God, so there is a lot of work to do. But, I know that Heavenly Father has prepared him, like Alma 16:16-17 talks about and I know that he can be ready by December 19th.

Sister Shauster had shoulder surgery. That was really sad to see her in so much pain. But she's keeps the best attitude. She is always happy. I just love her and her family.

We also had a great lesson with Hermana Zamora. She is absolutely amazing and basically Mormon. She knows pretty much everything. She really wants to be baptized, but her husband is not supportive. I know that one day she will be. I have been so blessed to know her. Hermana Carolina, her fellowshipper, came with us as well. We taught about gratitude and shared Mosiah 2:20-21. I shared the story about "Snowflake" and what amazing examples my parents have been to me. I am so grateful for them! They have taught me the importance of charity and selfless service. I have the best parents in the world.

This week we find out if we're getting transferred or not! Hopefully Sister Willes and I stay together one more!

I better get going, but thank you so much for everything! Thank you for the love, support, and prayers. You all are the greatest! Love you lots and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And happy birthday to Jeremiah this week!

Hermana Clay


Picture: My favorite Boo.

Care Package From Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment