Hola familia!
This week has been great. Nothing too exciting happened, but here's a few things:
- We had dinner and FHE with a family from the ward and the Shausters. I choked, but didn't die. Hooray!
- We helped organize a kitchen and I put the purging skills I learned from Julianne to good use.
- I hit my halfway mark! I seriously cannot believe that I've been out 9 months. Time is flying! We had interviews that day with President and Sister Brinkerhoff, which was great. I also tried to make a cookie in the shape of a camel for my "hump day", but it was an absolute failure. I'll attach a picture of it.
- We helped translate at parent/teacher conferences for the middle school. We were sitting there for almost an hour and no one showed up that wanted help. We were thinking that it was a big waste of time, but then finally a woman showed up that wanted us to help her! We got talking and she said she had talked with the missionaries before. That was about it for religion conversation. She then asked us what we ate/cooked. Uhh...chicken and salad. Really impressive. I told her that I really wanted to learn how to make Tinga. She brightened up and told us it's really easy to make and invited us to come to her house to learn. Boom! Potential investigator and delicious food. It was definitely tender mercy.
- We had exchanges with Hermana Beteta. She is awesome. We went to a less active's home and visited with her. She has a GINORMOUS dog. I'll attach a picture of that too. You can't really tell in the picture, but he's at least 6 feet tall when he's on his hind legs. And he's only 8 months old!
- We found a new investigator who is super sweet. We talked about families and it was just great. That's one thing that I love about the Hispanic culture. Family is SO important.
That's about it. Here's my favorite scripture that I read this week: "...arise from the dust, my sons, and be men, and be determined in one mind and in one heart, united in all things, that ye may not come down into captivity...Awake, my sons; put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound and come forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust." 2 Nephi 1:21,23
Love you all! Have a super great week!
Hermana Clay
Picture 1: Failure.
Picture 2: Tidus. The biggest dog in the world.
Picture 3. Square ice cream from Swan Valley. Superrr delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment