Wednesday, November 26, 2014

"She is not afraid of the snow." - Proverbs 31:21 - November 17, 2014

Hey family!

Wowzers, what a week. First off, it has been NEGATIVE TWENTY here. It hardly ever gets above zero. We had a big snow storm and now everything is white. Basically, I am forever going to be cold. We helped push out a car and shoveled snow for hours. I got to wear a super hot overall snow suit. It was great.

Other than freezing, this week was awesome. We had a mission tour and Elder Martino from the 70 came to speak to us. He was amazing! I learned a ton about how I can be a better missionary and what I need to do in my area to help it progress. One thing that he focused on a lot was members and how important they are in this work. He used the story of Alma and Amulek. Amulek was a less active member. Alma spent many days with Amulek and his family and strengthened them. Then, Amulek went out and taught with Alma. Amulek was a pretty well-known guy in the city. As he preached, "the people began to be astonished." It wasn't Alma, the missionary, that astonished them. It was Amulek, the member. Elder Martino emphasized that we need to have Amuleks with us so the people can be astonished. So here's my invitation...go be an Amulek! You will make a bigger impact on the people than the missionaries will.

On Wednesday, we had an Amulek experience. Our stake mission leader invited us and some nonmembers to his home for dinner. They were from Florida, so listening to their southern accents was awesome. During the lesson, we focused a lot on families. It was Brother Nelson's comment that made them really think and ponder. Hopefully we will have another appointment with them soon.

On Thursday, we picked up some food for a less active at the Bishops Storehouse. Wow. It was such a cool experience to see how giving the church is. The church is true.

We had the opportunity to eat with the Ortiz family on Saturday and Sunday. They are amazing! Their son was the first one to be baptized and is currently serving a mission. His parents were baptized while he was out this past February. Their testimonies are SO strong! I could sit there for hours listening to them. This Wednesday, they are going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead for the first time. Super excited for them.

I was able to play in the Victor 3rd ward yesterday. I am so grateful that I have my violin here! Most of the time, music touches people's hearts more than words. In a few weeks, I will play in our Spanish branch. Hooray!

Everyone pray that we don't freeze out here! Love you all tons! Happy birthday to Hayley and Morgan!

Hermana Clay


Minus 14 Degrees



No comments:

Post a Comment