Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Móle Disaster - 3/2/15

Hi family!

This week has been crazy. We had a bunch of meetings this week, so there's not much to report.

Here's a funny/terrible story: Tuesday was my last day in the Teton Valley. That night was insane. The Bedolla family wanted us to stop by one last time before I left. Typically when we come they will make us food. I was really hoping they wouldn't this time because we had a dinner appointment with the Shauster's at 7. We went to the Bedolla's and sat down to talk. Everything was great and they weren't making food (which was even greater). Then, Dolores gets up and starts making food. Dang it. I tell them that we better get going since it was already 6:45. They insisted that we sit down at the table to eat. Dang it. They gave us móle. If you know about móle, you know it stains super bad. I guess I wasn't being careful as I ate it because when I looked down it was ALL over my sweater. Margarita goes to her room, brings out a sweater, and tells me that I need to put it on. I kept telling her that I couldn't take her sweater and she said, "Are you going to deny my gift to you?" So basically I felt terrible and accepted her sweater. Then, they brought out this huge tres leches cake. As I was handing Margarita the cake cutter thing I accidentally jabbed her hand with it. Oh my word. I can't even explain how embarrassed I was. It was all super hilarious, but I felt terrible. Luckily, they're super nice. So the sweater I'm wearing in the picture with them actually isn't my sweater. Good times.

Wednesday was transfers! I'm now in Ammon with Sister Willes. Things have been crazy since I got here. We moved houses and have had a ton of meetings. So far it's been great though. We had an awesome miracle. There is a girl in our area who had a baptismal date, but it dropped. We went to contact her fellowshippers and ask them if they could invite her over. Turns out Destiny was actually there hanging out! Perfect! We were able to talk with her and she is solid. She really wants to be baptized. We just need to work with her family and make sure everything is ok with them. Hopefully they all will take the lessons!

I'm looking forward to this transfer! I think we will be seeing a lot of miracles! I love missionary work and I'm so grateful to be one of Christ's representatives. Have an awesome week! Pray for missionary experiences and God will give them to you! Love y'all lots! And happy birthday to Gabi this week!

Love,
Hermana Clay

Picture 1: The Markegard family. Love them!


Picture 2: The Bedolla family and the sweater that's not mine





No comments:

Post a Comment