Hey family!
Picture 2: The best spoons in the world that Sister Willes' little brother sent us.
This week was crazy. We finally were able to see Genaro for the first time in forever. We reset his baptismal date. We went over the baptismal interview questions which helped us see his concerns. He told us that he has to work every Sunday now :( We are praying that Heavenly Father will provide a way for him to get to church.
Someone gave us a referral for a nonmember (or so they thought). We went to contact them and invited them to be baptized. Turns out they're members. Awkward.
We went on exchanges again this week. I went to Rigby with Sisters Little and Fermoso. They are awesome! They teach with such power. We were able to visit a man and testify about the Plan of Salvation. It was a cool experience. Funny story: We went to dinner at the Allen's home. They had a sign that said "The Allen Family". Sister Little must have read it wrong and said, "Oh how cute! The Alien family!" We were all dying.
Yesterday, we met a super cool man named Abel. The sisters taught their family a few times, but the wife and kids went to Mexico. Sister Willes thought they had returned so we tried them last night. They were still in Mexico, but the husband was there. It was such a great discussion. He is so open and wants to learn more and do it with his family. We talked about the tender mercies of Heavenly Father and how they are all around us. It was a tender mercy for us to find and teach Abel. We have a return appointment this week with his whole family. We're excited!
We spent a lot of time with some sisters that we serve with this week. They have been struggling so we went to try and help them. Although I'm not sure we helped out much, I learned a ton from this. I have felt love for these sisters more than I ever have before. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity to learn from them. I know that He is watching over each of His children and He loves each of us individually. He knows exactly how we are feeling. He knows how to help us in our times of need.
I read a talk by Elder Holland that I think all of you should read. It is called"Cast Not Away Therefore Thy Confidence". Make sure you read that this week! Don't ever doubt the impressions you receive from the Spirit!
Love you all lots! Happy birthday to Jason, Max, and Annie! Have a wonderful week!
Hermana Clay
Picture 1: Last time seeing Chele! She leaves for the MTC this week and will be serving in Washington DC North and in the Visitors' Center!
Picture 2: The best spoons in the world that Sister Willes' little brother sent us.
No comments:
Post a Comment