Saturday, April 25, 2015

Because He Lives - 3/30/15

Hey family!

This week was great. We had lots of meetings which ate up a bunch of our time. But it's ok, I learned a lot from them!

We finally found a perfect fellowshipper for Genaro! Hermano Perry was able to come with us and they clicked. Genaro is doing well, but is struggling to keep his commitments. We are postponing his baptism again. It's a bummer, but we feel he needs more time to prepare.

Visitors' Center trainers came up from Salt Lake City this past week. We had two meetings with them. All of the Visitors' Center sisters were able to come for it. So many things were learned from these amazing trainers! Even though I am not currently serving there, the things I learned can be applied to my area. I think the biggest thing I took away from it was to testify more. When we testify, the Spirit automatically comes.

We taught Abel y Maria Gil. They are golden! They are both from Mexico and are focused on making their family unified. We read the Family Proclamation with them and they loved it. It's interesting because usually the husband is the one who is less interested in learning about the Gospel. Abel, however, is almost more into it than his wife. We are excited to continue teaching them and help them progress towards baptism and eventually the temple.

We also had Mission Leadership Council this week. We, as a mission, are aiming for a high goal in the month of May. We want every companionship in the mission to reach the Standard of Excellence. This will require many miracles. In the Bible Dictionary it says, "They (miracles) were never wrought without prayer, felt need, and faith." These three things is what will lead us to achieve this goal.

We were able to visit with Destiny and her mom, Carissa (finally!). They were very distraught because their cat died. I hate cats so it was hard to have compassion. Haha but I am super happy that Carissa is opening up to us and is feeling more comfortable with meeting with us.

Saturday was the General Women's Conference! I hope y'all were able to watch it! It was so wonderful. The entire conference was focused on families and the importance of them. Families are central to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We need to defend the Family Proclamation and strive to apply the it in our own homes. That will require effort, time, and doing our part. When we apply it our homes will be spirit-filled homes.

After the conference, Sister Willes and I had a couple of minutes to try and find someone to teach. We decided to stop by the De La Luz home. Miguel came out and after a few minutes he began to tell us how he wished his family spent more time together and how much he loves them. Because we had just come from the conference all about families, we were able to boldly testify that he can have a happy family and he can be with them forever.

It seems that most of this week was focused on families and the fact that we can have an eternal family. I know that this is true. God gave us families to make us happy. I know that God has provided a way for us to return to live with Him and with our families. That way is through His Son, Jesus Christ. Christ "broke the bands of death". He lived for us, died for us, and lives for us today. The Church has come out with a new video, Because He Lives. I encourage each of you to watch this and think of a way you can find Him more in your life. Then, apply it. I can promise that you will feel His love and will be able to face any challenge that comes your way.

I love you all tons! I'm so grateful for each of you. Happy Easter and happy conference weekend! And Chloe, happy birthday!

Hermana Clay

Picture 1: Visitors' Center training

Picture 2: We won the "Most Awkward Companionship" award. No worries, we also won the "Most Unified Companionship" award.

No comments:

Post a Comment