Saturday, April 25, 2015

I got bronchitis! - 4/13/15

Hey family!

This week has been crazy! Sister Willes went home. I was with Sister Hansen for 2 days. Uncle Kent is actually her Bishop. Small world. Then, Sister Wilemon came! She is awesome. She's from Florida and is a convert of 5 years. We've had a lot of fun together so far. She is an incredible missionary and I think we'll see a lot of miracles together!

We finally were able to visit with Destiny again! She still is strong as ever, but her parents are still a little nervous about baptism. We were able to meet her dad. The whole family is wonderful! We invited them to take the lessons together as a family. Hopefully that will happen. The dad works a lot, so he's not home very often. We will pray that it works out!

Wednesday night, we were trying to contact a referral, but we couldn't find the right house. We decided to knock on the neighbor's door and ask if they new where they lived. We ended up meeting the Meppen family. The husband is not a member and the wife is less active. We had an incredible lesson with them. The husband told us he feels like they need to have Jesus a more central part of their lives and that we were welcome to come back. Unfortunately, it's not our area. However, I know that Heavenly Father lead us to that family. He guides us in every aspect of our life, whether or not we see it.

We saw Genaro again. I really love that family! He is being stubborn and doesn't want to keep his commitments. We will see how things go!

Saturday was a little bit of a rough day for Sister Wilemon and I. Even among all the challenges, miracles happened. Our dinner appointment dropped, so we decided to go out to eat since we had no food at home. We went to the restaurant and someone ended up inviting us to eat with them and paid for our meal. I am so spoiled! The people here are SO generous.

I made a new goal to write a short scripture in my planner every day. One of my favorites this week is "...whatsoever things ye shall ask the Father in my name shall be given unto you." (3 Nephi 27:28) Prayer has been a principle that I am still trying to become better at. Although I still struggle with it at times, I know for a fact that God is listening to me. He will give me what I ask for, as long as it is in align with His will.

I'm so grateful for each of you! I'm grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Helping other families come to this knowledge has been such a joy to me. I know that if we work our absolute hardest in this life we will be able to live with our families forever. This is possible because of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know He lives.

Love you all tons! Have a fantastic week!

Hermana Clay



No comments:

Post a Comment