Hey family!
This week was really busy and full of ups and downs.
We went on exchanges twice this week. I was able to be with Sisters Wilemon and Cole. They are amazing and super hard workers. Lots of interesting things happened while on this exchange. They have an investigator who really wants to be baptized but her mom won't let her. Her mom is quite an interesting person. We went to talk to her to hopefully help her understand that baptism is the right choice for her daughter. She asked us to meet her at a park because it is "Jesus' park" and "you can hear the angels sing" there. As we were talking with her she told us that she has been ordained to the Melchizedek priesthood and that she is the Bible. She is such a sweet person, but definitely has some interesting thoughts. Unfortunately, she still hasn't given permission to her daughter, but in time, I'm sure she will! We also went to help clean the apartment of one of their new investigators. It was nasty! But that's ok. We were able to set a baptismal date with her! Hooray!
I also went on an exchange with Sister Duncan. She is such an awesome sister and trusts so much in Heavenly Father! We had a successful day and I learned a lot from her! I'm grateful that I have this opportunity to learn so much from the other missionaries here.
Destiny is doing awesome! She is so prepared. We did have a good/bad thing happen with her this week. Our Ward Mission Leader invited Destiny and her mom over for dinner on Friday. I was not there because of exchanges. As the sisters taught the lesson of the Restoration to Carissa (Destiny's mom), Carissa expressed that she would like Destiny to push back her baptism. Bummer. But the miracle of the whole thing is that Carissa accepted to listen to the lessons. Sister Willes and I were sad that Destiny won't be getting baptized this weekend. But as we thought about it, we remembered that the gospel blesses families. It is not just an individual thing. It is for families. Destiny will be much stronger in the gospel if she has her mom along her side. We are super excited to start teaching the both of them!
Genaro has been super hard to get in contact with this week. He has had to work a ton. But, Cyndi (his wife), told us that he has been reading. Cyndi is the best! She bore her testimony for the first time in sacrament this past Sunday. It was so powerful. The whole meeting was powerful. I love serving in the Spanish branch.
There's the update for the week. Although there were a few setbacks, Heavenly Father showered us with His tender mercies. I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to be a missionary. I love serving and I love the people. Life is always going to have it's challenges, but "con su fuerza puedo hacer todas las cosas." (It sounds better in Spanish). Have an amazing week! Love you all tons!
Hermana Clay
No comments:
Post a Comment