Monday, January 19, 2015

Ya tengo una Biblia - 1/12/15

Hey family!

This week was awesome! We were able to teach a bunch of lessons. In fact, the most I've ever taught in one week. It was full of little miracles.

On Monday, we went to Idaho Falls for a sisters lunch at the Lusk's! It was so much fun! And so great to see everyone. 

Tuesday, we did some contacting. One guy, Enrique, was super nice. But, when we brought up the Book of Mormon, he told us, "I already have a Bible." We continued to try to explain what the Book of Mormon is and how it can bring us closer to God, but he continued to tell us the same thing. It was interesting because that morning we were studying in 2 Nephi 29. It was pretty much a modern day version of that chapter. 

We also taught Travis about how the Bible and Book of Mormon support each other. It was a super cool lesson to study and teach. The Book of Mormon enhances the Bible. It does not contradict it. We should study from both. Anyway, the lesson went well and he committed to read from the New Testament and Book of Mormon!

On Wednesday, we taught Richie at Bishop Marshall's house. Those two click. It was a great lesson. Richie is already in 2 Nephi! So awesome. Who would've thought that a guy that didn't believe in God is now through the 1st book of the Book of Mormon and enjoying it! Heavenly Father definitely has prepared him. 

We had a lesson with Victoria twice. She dropped her baptismal date which was sad. But, she still wants to be baptized and is working towards it. 

I think I have mentioned these people before, but there is a family that comes to English class every Sunday. This week, they finally agreed to have us come to their home to teach them! It was great. I love that family. We have a return appointment this week. 

We had FHE with the Shauster's on Saturday. I love that family! We had homemade pizza which was delicious, had a lesson, and then played Apples to Apples! Such a fun night! 

On Sunday, I played my violin in Tetonia 2nd ward. I'm so grateful that I have my violin with me. It definitely has come in handy! We also had 27 people in the branch! Such an improvement from last week.

We got transfer calls this week. Sister Honeycutt and I will stay together. I'm grateful that I get to be here at least one more transfer!

That's about it for this week! Hope you all are doing well! Miss and love you tons! Thanks for all that you do for me! Have an awesome week!

Hermana Clay

Picture: You can't really see him, but this puppy was so tiny and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment