It's been another great week. I can't believe it's almost October though. So crazy. Happy birthday to Lexi this week!
This week was full of a lot of new experiences. Here goes the list again:
Monday: Nothing too exciting except teaching a lesson in a house that was full of guys and kind of scary. Just a bad feeling in there. Pretty sure they were all doing drugs in the back. Luckily we had 2 members with us so it wasn't quite as scary. We won't be going back to that house.
Tuesday: Taught the Shauster family. I love them!! When we started to teach the Plan of Salvation Joie's mom and dad came in. They are non members, but the dad has started reading the Book of Mormon. Hooray!
Wednesday: We saw Tina the llama and then started quoting Napoleon Dynamite. We also had exchanges. I was with Sister Rodriguez. We taught Janet's little boy the Plan of Salvation. That was fun. I love teaching kids. We also had a miracle. Sister Willes and Beteta were able to set another baptismal date. Yay!
Thursday: We had an awesome lesson with Paulino about the Holy Ghost and how we can understand the promptings we receive. He understands so much more and I think it really helped him.
Friday: This day was really interesting. We raked a whole bunch of leaves. Then, we were supposed to have another lesson with the Shauster's, but they told us to come to Broulims (the grocery store). We went and ended up holding a kangaroo. A kangaroo in Driggs, Idaho...what? We then went to help the Elders bail hay. Holy cow it was hard! Later that night, we toured the place where they clean all the sewage. I wanted to puke. Fun day.
Saturday: Had an FHE with the Shauster's. That was so much fun! We also taught Paulino again and taught the Word of Wisdom. It was rough but I am hoping he takes on our challenge to help him. It was also Womens Conference! I loved it! It was all focused on the temple and how we need to prepare for it. So many good things were shared. I really loved how President Utchdorf emphasized that we have Heavenly Parents not just a Heavenly Father.
Sunday: Taught Young Womens. We based our lesson off of Womens Conference. I thought it went well and it was fun being with the Young Women. We taught some lessons and I got dog slobber all over my skirt.
That's it for this week! I am looking forward to this week, especially General Conference! Everybody better watch it! Remember the promise that if we take a question to conference it will be answered.
Love you all lots!
Hermana Clay
No comments:
Post a Comment