Saturday, October 18, 2014

Over 100 flies - 10/6/14

Hi family!

What a great week! Here's what happened:

We taught Val the Restoration. She loved it. She kept saying, "That makes so much sense!" and things like that. She was really excited to keep reading the Book of Mormon and find out for herself. We haven't been able to see her multiple times in the week, which sucks, but hopefully this week we can.

All the missionaries were able to watch "Meet the Mormons". I thought it was really good! I kind of felt like a normal person watching a movie. Haha everyone needs to go see it if they can! And invite all their friends to see it! Before it started, Elder Holland shared some interesting facts about it. He said that 74% of nonmembers (or close to that, I can't remember) would recommend this to their friends. Many people said that they understood more about the LDS faith and would be more willing to listen to the missionaries. Super cool. Share it with everyone!

We also taught the Burt family. We are teaching the little boy, Jalin, but also trying to reactivate everyone else. Jalin was hilarious. He asked his mom, "Mom, why don't you go to church if you are baptized?" He also asked, "Do you even have a Book of Mormon? Why don't you read it?" I love how direct kids are.

We taught the Markegard's. Travis is not a member but Megan is. It went really well and we were able to form a better relationship with them. We are praying that Travis got an answer about the church when he listened to conference.

Lollie is in the hospital :( She has been struggling with her asthma and an infection. We went to visit them in the hospital a couple of times. I sure do love that family. Mac and his grandparents (who aren't members) were able to go to General Conference!! They went to Saturday morning and loved it! What an awesome opportunity for them. Hopefully this gets the grandparents more interested in the gospel. Can't wait to see!

Speaking of General Conference, wasn't it amazing?! I am so glad that I had the opportunity to watch it! There were so many great things said. I loved Uchtdorf's talk. I really liked how he added a fourth step on discovering and knowing truth. We must LIVE the truths that we want to know. We must not delay the moment to strengthen our testimonies. We should always be striving to do that! Elder Scott's talk was awesome too. The little things are so important and we need to do them everyday (or every week like FHE)! There are so many things that I learned and I wish I could share them all! You all should just go listen to it again.

That's it for this week. It was a good week, full of inspiring messages. There is no doubt in my mind that we are lead by a prophet of God and that all the men and women that spoke to us are called of Him. We are so blessed to have the priesthood on the earth. I know this church is true and I love being able to share it with others.

Love you all and miss you lots. Thanks for everything! Have a lovely week!

Hermana Clay

PS I forgot to explain the subject of this email. Sister Willes and I killed over 100 flies in our room this week. The joys of living on a farm.


Outside our window. I love mornings (minus waking up)! The sun rises are gorgeous!



The following are photos sent to Mom.  We pranked the elders car this week and a member helped us out. those are llama pictures on the car.  Hahaha!  I thought you might think it's funny, but don't show dad :)  It has instant potatoes and mayonnaise on it



No comments:

Post a Comment