What an awesome week. It's been crazy, but full of little miracles.
We visited the Shauster's a lot this week. Lollie couldn't leave the hospital until Friday. She is doing a lot better now. On Monday, we had FHE at the hospital and played Apples to Apples again. I was helping Boo with her cards and told her to put down Brad Pitt. She laughs and then looks at me with a serious face and says, "What's a Brad Pitt?" We all pretty much died laughing. I absolutely LOVE that family! On Saturday, we taught the Word of Wisdom and played "Don't eat Pete", but replaced Pete for things like drugs, alcohol, etc. We asked Boo for one and she goes, "Don't sniff coke." Well done, Boo.
We visited the Markegard family again. They're one of my favorite families too. Travis is SO close to accepting a baptismal date! We have a lesson tonight with them. He went to a baptism on Saturday, so we're excited to hear about what he thought.
Burt's are doing well too. We were super late to that lesson because the Markegard's ran over. Jalin opened the door and yelled, "Yay! My favorite missionaries finally came!" He is excited about everything. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and loves to show us his progress. He's an awesome kid and the family it too.
We saw Val and she is still awesome. We taught the Plan of Salvation and she loved it. We're just struggling to get her to church. Her family does a lot of things on Sundays, but hopefully she will be able to come this week!
I had to give a talk in the Spanish Branch on Sunday. That was interesting. I spoke on family history work. I had read a little bit of our family history this week, so it was great to do a little more studying on it.
Here's a little miracle: Every Sunday night we teach an English class and at the end share a short scripture from the Book of Mormon. There are two people that come regularly. Last night, they asked us if we could teach them more about the Book of Mormon and the LDS religion. Um, of course we can! We have an appointment with them on Wednesday.
We got transfer information this week. Sister Willes and I will stay together, but we will now cover the entire valley in Spanish and will have two more English wards. Goodness it's a lot. But it will be a lot of fun. Lots of driving ahead for us! I'm just really grateful that I'm staying here. I'm loving it!
I've been thinking a lot about the Plan of Salvation this week, especially after teaching Val about it. Seeing her reaction was amazing. A lot of the times, I forget that we know about a plan that most people don't. I take it for granted. This plan is beautiful and beyond perfect!
Have an awesome week! Love you all lots! Happy birthday to Karleigh!
Hermana Clay
Sister Willes wet her pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment