Monday, September 29, 2014

9/8/14 - A donde me mandes iré

Hi Family,

What a week. Here's a recap:

We finally set a baptismal date!! And guess who it was with? Rocio. Absolutely crazy. She texted us apologizing for the way she treated us and wanted us to come back. So we did and set a date with her. We have been working so hard these past 6 weeks to pick our area up. It definitely was a trail of our faith, but I'm glad that we didn't give up!

We taught a new investigator named Angelica. We took Hna. Sombrano with us. Holy cow. She pretty much told Angelica everything there is to know about this church. It was an interesting experience. But, she committed her to come to church (sadly, she didn't come).

We went to the temple this week and it was the greatest.

We ran into a less active who we didn't know existed, but had to leave because we were assigned to serve at the VC. Later that night, he showed up unexpectedly. That was awesome.

Yesterday, we were able to teach 3 lessons when we had hardly any time. Hooray! We saw my favorite De La Riva kids and taught the Word of Wisdom. We played "Don't Eat Pete" but replaced Pete for things like drugs, alcohol, etc. They loved it. And I love them.

We also had transfer calls this week. I knew forsure that I was going to stay and finish the training for Sister Pulido. Well, I was wrong. This Wednesday, I will leave Idaho Falls and go to Driggs. Which means I am leaving the VC and going into full proselyting. This makes me a little sad to leave the VC, but I am excited for the adventures ahead. I just hope I come back to the VC. I have heard that Driggs is an awesome area, just freezing cold. Hopefully I survive!

I didn't realize how much I had grown to love these people here until I had to say goodbye. The members in our branch are amazing. I have been so blessed to have started my mission and been here for almost 6 months.

Hope you all are doing well! I love you so much and am grateful for all that you do for me! Don't sent anything to Lomax St. anymore! Have a wonderful week!

Hermana Clay

Picture 1: My favorites.

Picture 2: Sister McLaughlin. She is amazing! She is always willing to come with us and has taken such good care of us. I'll definitely miss her! 



No comments:

Post a Comment