Monday, September 1, 2014

Zone Conference September 1, 2014

Hi Family,

I can't believe that's it's already Monday again. Time is going so fast.

This week was great, minus being sick. We were able to find some new people and finally get a few member present lessons. Hallelujah.

Monday: Nada.

Tuesday: Saw Miriam. She is experiencing many trials. She still keeps a positive attitude and knows that Heavenly Father will help her out. She received a calling on Sunday and said it was an answer to her prayers. She said, "All I want to do is serve my Heavenly Father." She is the best.

Wednesday: Exchanges with Hna. Beteta. Love her. We were able to find some new people. She had served in our area before so we went to visit a lot of her former investigators. We also met probably THE cutest/biggest black kid named Kye Kye. I made us turn around and take a picture with him. He was stubborn and wouldn't cooperate, but I'll attach the picture we did get of him.

Thursday: Zone Conference. It was really great. I love President and Sister Brinkerhoff. These next 2 transfers we will be focusing on D&C 11:20-21. Obedience and study. We also taught a woman and tried to commit her to read the Book of Mormon. No matter what we said she wouldn't do it. When we asked her if she wanted to more about Christ or about her ancestors she said no. Interesting.

Friday: Sick day.

Saturday: Another sick day. Plus, Sister Pulido got a little sick, too. We slept pretty much all day. Then, at 7, we decided we would suck it up and go out in our area. I'm glad we did because we were able to teach 2 really great lessons even though I sounded terrible.

Sunday: Church was amazing. The branch presidency spoke during the 2nd hour and then also during sacrament. Our new branch president is super awesome. He speaks with such power. He challenged the branch to reach out to the less actives (we have a lot) and to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I think our branch is in for some awesome changes.

I love missionary work. I love teaching people about the gospel. I love serving at the VC. I am so grateful that I am here in Idaho!

Have an awesome week and find people for the missionaries to teach! Love you all!

Hermana Clay

PS:  Happy Birthday Marci!


Kye Kye. Zoom in. Notice the similarity between the dog's face and his.

Zone Conference.






No comments:

Post a Comment