Monday, September 29, 2014

9/15/14 - All out of gas

Hi Family,

Sorry for the blank email. I accidentally hit send.

This week has been great! Lots of changes, but they've been good. I am actually serving in Victor, not Driggs. It's really close though. It is SO beautiful here. Just chilly. All you see is cows, mountains, and fields. Everything is very spread out so we drive a ton. And everyone wears cowboy boots. We cover Spanish and English work.

Monday: We had a sisters party at the Lusk's. It was a lot of fun! I love all those sisters and the Lusk's. Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday: Just lots of goodbyes. I was able to serve my last night in the VC, which I was really happy about. Sister Gee and I performed for the youth groups that came in. So much fun! I definitely miss that place!

Wednesday: Transfers! Sister Willes is my new companion. She's from California and has been out a couple months longer than me. We get a long great and have a lot of fun together. We spent all day in Rexburg. We got to do a session at the Rexburg temple and then go back and help our branch with baptisms. That temple is beautiful! I think I still might love the Idaho Falls temple more though.

Thursday through Saturday are a blur. We taught the Shausters, who just got baptized last week. They are so cool! Boo (her real name is Mary Rose) is hilarious. She's 8 and is probably going to be my favorite person ever. She is in 2nd grade so I told her that I wanted to be a 2nd grade teacher. She then quickly responded, "Why?! Then you have more problems!" She also was eating her chapstick. She's the best.

We were able to teach Paulino twice and set a baptismal date with him! We teach him English and then go into Spanish to teach the lessons. He's a really cool guy and it's fun teaching English.

Sunday: We went to our English ward for sacrament. It was the Primary Program and was the cutest thing in the world. Then we drove to our Spanish branch. Only 4 people were there. It was a lot different from Idaho Falls. I thought our branch was small there, but it turns out it's like the biggest in the mission. Those 4 people were super awesome though. Later that night, we were leaving the English class to go back to Victor and when I put the car in drive it started going backwards instead of forwards. Yeah, we ran out of gas. Embarrassing. Luckily, our ward mission leader came to help us.

That's it! It's been fun getting to know a new area and people. Love you all! Thank you for all your prayers!

Hermana Clay



Picture 2: The view from our window every morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment