Monday, March 31, 2014

Hola familia!

I'm in Idaho!! Finally! It's been great so far. I'll try and remember what has happened so far.

Before leaving the MTC, I made a goal to place a Book of Mormon. I thought I was the only one going to Idaho and that I would be on a public bus. I asked Heavenly Father to bless me with this opportunity. Turns out there were 10 more people going to Idaho and that we had our own bus. So I thought I wouldn't have an opportunity. I ended up being the travel leader so I had to sit in the front. The bus driver was a talker. Turns out he wasn't Mormon. He wanted to be, but he had some doubts. We talked literally all 3.5 hours. And in the end, I gave him a Book of Mormon and the Proclamation to the Family. So, my prayers were answered! It was super cool.

Pres. and Sis. Brinkerhoff are the best. I really enjoyed getting to know them a little bit. 

My companion is Hna. Caballero. She is AWESOME. I love her. She is from CA. She has such a strong testimony. She is so patient with me. We get along great and I'm excited to work with her. We're both ready to get to work, so it's awesome.

Spanish is rough. I pretty much only know religious words which doesn't help when trying to get to know someone. I'm prayin' for the gift of tongues!

I LOVE being in the VC! The Spirit is always present there. It's been awesome to learn about it. I have a lot to learn, though. We've had some good experiences taking people through the VC. I speak pretty much all English there which makes it even harder to learn the language. But, I can do it! The senior couples there are seriously the best. I love working with them. Oh! I saw the Weavers, Spiels (however you spell their last name), and Janica! That was super fun.

I forgot to say!! Roger, the man I talked to over phone during VC training, committed to baptism!! It was the coolest thing ever. Those missionaries in West Virginia better get over there soon! I still call him every couple of days and talk to him. We've had some good gospel discussions and he is so willing to change. It's great. Miracles! Just another proof that this is God's work!

We're teaching Cecilio who has a baptismal date for the 19th. It was for the 12th, but he didn't come to church yesterday. Ugh. We went and visited him and we think he is just scared. He's not sure about modern day prophets. We took him to the VC and watched the Restoration and then went to the Prophets section. It was a really great lesson, but he still isn't sure.

This morning we had breakfast with a family. The husband is a member and the wife is getting baptized in June. We're trying to move her date earlier, but she wants to get baptized with her daughter. Breakfast was SO good. I love Mexican food.

Funny story for you...I was getting ready my first morning here and I was reaching for my towel after I washed my face. As I reached for it, I knocked my toothbrush into the toilet. Awesome. 

I am loving it out here and I'm ready to be fluent in Spanish! I know it's going to take some time, but I hope not too long! Love you all and miss you! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hermana Clay




I thought I was coming into Spring. I was wrong.



here is the terrible snow that we got to deal with. and yes, i'm using a broom because that's all we had.






This is the group that I came with.







No comments:

Post a Comment