Hello Family!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABI, DAVIE, AND SAMMY LAMMY!
I am a little more than half way done with my MTC experience! Hooray! I like it here, but I´m ready to get to work. I know I´m not anywhere near prepared, but I really want to start sharing the Gospel in Idaho.
So, like usual, I don´t remember much of what happened this week. So here goes trying to remember.
We have been teaching Leticia. I love her!! She is the cutest little lady. She loves to take walks in the mornings. One day she was telling us about how when she was joven she loved to jump in the puddles and ride her bike through them. We had a great time just laughing and what not. She is great. She is reading the Book of Mormon. We´re going to try to get her to commit to baptism the next visit.
Jose is so great and so receptive to our message. His family life is getting a lot better. He is awesome and I really enjoy teaching him. He committed to baptism! Hooray for the first!
Jack...oh Jack. We had our last lesson with him yesterday. I feel so bad because we basically got NO where with him. He is the less active one. After we finished teaching him, the teacher that was him came in and talked to us about it. He said we spent too much time trying to figure out what he wasn´t doing and trying to get him to do it. Really all he needed was someone to be like I´m sorry that you´re going through a tough time right now. He needed to receive personal revelation for himself. We spent to much time on the bottom part of the triangle, not the part of between God and the investigator. That probably doesn´t make much sense to you all. But, this was a great learning experience. I learned how to ask questions that made him think. I still have A LOT to work on in that area, though. And I learned more about the importance of personal revelation. True conversion can only come through this. Alma 32...the fruit of the tree equals conversion. That only comes after faith, diligence, patience, and long suffering.
Read 3 Nephi 11 1 through 17. This keyboard is messed up so I can´t do the dashy things. Apply yourself to when Christ will come again. It´s amazing! We had such a strong and spiritual devotional on this as a district. I believe we all felt the Spirit so strong during that meeting.
God will answer all of our prayers. I know this to be true. It´s been great to see answers come. Even in ways that I don´t think are an answer, but then later realize that it was.
2 districts in our zone left this week. Now it´s down to 2 districts. There´s only 3 elders haha. We get to have church in a real chapel now instead of the bubble! It was super lovely.
Oh! Look at hymn 153 in the Spanish hymnbook. It´s only in Spanish. It is so cool!
We sat by natives at lunch. I had NO idea what they were saying. I´m in trouble. Pray that I will be able to pick it up fast once I´m in the field.
Here are some notes and quotes that I really liked from this week. Remember I can´t do quote marks and stuff. Lo siento.
Whatever the weather, bring your own weather. YOU are the master of your fate!
Teach with understanding! Search the soul in every step of the exchange
Apply the promise in Moroni 6 and 7. We know that Christ WAS but now come to know that He IS!
A key to improved prayer is to learn to ask the right questions. Consider changing from asking for the things you want to honestly seeking what He wants for you. Then as you learn His will, pray that you will be led to have the strength to fulfill it. Richard G. Scott
Help less actives feel love!
There are SO many promises for missionaries in the Doctrine and Covenants! It´s crazy! But there are also requisites. It was cool to see them laid out. We went over like 6 during devotional last night. From just those 6, there were 23 promises!
Those are my thoughts for this week. I hope all is well for everyone! I miss you! Thanks for all your letters, prayers, and support. I have the best family in the entire world. LOVE YOU!
Love, Hermana Clay
Amy´s request for who is who...
Your favorite of all favorite sister, Hermana Horne, Hermana Day, Hermana Concidine, Hermana Weeks, Hermana McMurray
This was Jack. He's getting married this coming week so we aren't teaching him anymore. Kind of crazy. I actually know his fiance.
Hooray for the temple. I love that we get to go every week.
No comments:
Post a Comment