Hola familia!
Guess who forgot their camera cord and journal? Me. Which means no pictures this week and it means I probably won't remember half of the things that happened.
To answer Mom's questions...Yes, I got the package! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It was seriously the best. I also got a package from the Nelson's full of goodies. Seriously, I have the best family (I consider the Nelson's my family, too). My debit card did come and there should be a charge on it. I got my books laminated today. I measured the skirt, but kind of in a funny way. I'll email you later about that. The investigators are volunteers, paid actors, or my teachers pretending to be someone. I like the paid actors and volunteers the best because it feels more real.
All of my Hermanas leave on Monday morning. It's so sad! I have grown so close to all of them and I just love them. We had an unexpected change happen. They were supposed to be the ones leaving me and instead I left them. Just so I don't have to write, here is what my companion said about the experience:
So this week has been very similar to other weeks days and weeks in the MTC with the exception of one thing. So my whole sistict is leaving to Mexico on the 17 of March except for my companion (Hna. Clay) who is going to be staying an extra week for visitor´s center training. So we went to the info desk to ask them what was going on with Hna. Clay and how that was all going to work out. they told us that they would let us know bu this friday, the 14 of Marzo. Yesterday (Tuesday) she gets called to the info desk immediately and so we go down and see what it is. We are told to go to our main teacher and he would talk to us and then we go back and call a certain lady. So our teacher tells us (en espaƱol) that basically there isn´t a group of visitor´s center for training next week and that Hna. Clay is basically supposed to get packed and be transfered up to main campus that day!. Then Hna. Clay calls the lady for more instruction and finds out that its not only that day, but its also in 2 hours! So we are both in shock and go back to class to get her books and to tell the news to the rest of the district. Hna. Day totally doesn´t believe us and thinks it was a joke (which was kinda funny despite the depressing situation) and then the whole sistict (6 hnas.) get permission to go and help Hna. Clay get packed and say good bye, after we spend about 20 minutes getting last minute pictures with our district and zone, and go back to our residency. With all of us helping, she got everything packed and we were ready to go on time, but, if I can say, 1, her mom really knows how to sew, and 2, Hna. Clay has so many cute clothes, but she is a legit "five bag sister" which we were all surprised about. of course she is going to visitor´s center and has to look good so there is a reason, but she doesn´t think that she would have ever gotten it done on time without us. So we get there and find out that she was the last person to find oout about the transfer and the first one there. It was pretty exciting and very sad to say good'bye. I am now a trio with the two sisters Hna. Concidine and Hna. Day who shared our appartment with us.
I'm glad I'm a 5 bag sister so I don't care what they say. Haha they all thought I was insane. But, at least I won't get sick of my clothes quite as fast.
I am here at Main Campus now. This is by far my favorite week. Maybe because it's all in English? I don't know. But it has been great. I am with 4 other Hermanas that are native speakers. I have learned that I have learned like zero Spanish the past 5 weeks. We did a little practice thing yesterday and all I could say was "si". It was a really great feeling (sarcasm). So, I really need God's help. I think part of my mission is to humble me. I have definitely been humbled with learning a language and still am being humbled. It is so difficult! I have been really praying for God's help.
We went to Temple Square and toured it on Wednesday and also talked with one of the directors. This week I have come to know just how cool and amazing my call is. Only 2% of missionaries get called to serve in a Visitor Center. I'm part of that 2%! Also, I have learned that the Lord must really trust me because I have to prepare to teach people that I have never met before. As soon as someone walks through the door, I have to know what their needs are and how I can help them come closer to Christ. My missionary purpose is the same in the Visitor Center as it is out in the field. It's been really cool to see and practice that. I have amazing teachers for VC training. They are awesome. I'm thinking that this would be a really awesome job for me when I come home. I would love to work there (I think).
Part of VC is chatting and talking with people online. I thought I would hate this, but it actually is pretty cool. Our first night, we had an amazing chat with a man named Roy. He was black! You all know how much I love black people. So, that was super awesome. He came on chat being very skeptical of Mormons because of what his pastor had taught him. By the end of chat he said y'all Mormons aren't so bad afterall. It was cool.
Well, that's about all I can remember. I can't wait to get to Idaho, even though I know no Spanish. I will be back at West campus next week, so I'm not sure when my P-day will be or even if I have one. I will try to get permission to email you all before I leave if I don't have a P-day. I love and miss you all bunches! I hope I will be able to talk to you before I'm in Idaho! If not, Mother's Day is coming up soon!
Have a wonderful week!!
Love,
Hermana Clay
No comments:
Post a Comment