Thursday, March 20, 2014

LAST WEEK AT THE MTC!  SISTER CLAY LEAVES FOR IDAHO NEXT TUESDAY, MARCH 25, 2014 AT 7:30 MST.

Hello Family!

This is my last week here! Hallelujah! I leave for Idaho at 7:30 AM on Tuesday, February 25! I am so excited/nervous!

This week has been awesome. I LOVED Visitor Center training. I learned so much about my purpose. My teachers were the absolute best!

We got to go down to Temple Square on Saturday. I was with 2 sisters that were loud and just so much fun. We only worked on the square for like half an hour. That was a bummer. But, then we went to the referral center. We chatted with a teenager from New Zealand. He was awesome! He asked about the Book of Mormon. I shared 2 Nephi 25:26 with him. He said that we definitely did talk about Christ and those people that told him otherwise were wrong. He said he believed us and wanted to learn more. The sisters were going to call himon Sunday, but the connection was bad. It was cool to see how technology works with spreading the gospel. Honestly, I wasn't excited at all that I would be working with computers and stuff everyday. But, now I see just how awesome it is. One of the sisters investigators from New Zeland is getting baptized. All from talking over the phone! It was really cool. 

I was on phones for part of referral center 2 days ago. A man called through and told me his friend gave him a Book of Mormon and he wanted to know about it. His name is Roger. We talked about it and about how the Book of Mormon and Bible compliment each other. We talked about baptism with that. He said that he is going to keep reading and would eventually want the missionaries to come over! He lives in West Virginia. I am going to stay in contact with him and see how he is doing. I hope that my teachers here on west will let me call him while I'm here. He seemed so willing to learn! I'm really excited for him.

There are so many resources that I am able to use in the Visitors Center. But, these resources are only tools. The Spirit is the teacher and I am the guide. I learned a little bit on how to make my tours more "converting" instead of "feel good". I definitely have A LOT of practicing to do to get that down. 

One frequent question that referral center gets is "if we don't know much about God, why do we worship Him?" I was able to study that for just a couple minutes and I thought I'd share one scripture. It's Matt. 23:9, but read the JST version. It's awesome. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and that He created us. He loves us so so much!

I was able to go back to my "sistrict" on Sunday. It was SO good to be back with them. I love those girls so much. We sang Come Thou Fount plus Joseph Smith's First Prayer(?) in Spanish during church together. It was awesome. I felt so much love for these Hermanas. They have been such a blessing in my life. They are going to do amazing things in Mexico! They left on Monday. That was so sad to say goodbye to them.

I'm back at West campus. I am with another "sistrict" that's only been here for 1 week. I'm hoping the teachers will be able to help me with things that I'm struggling while the others are working that way I can be a little more challenged. 

I have felt God's love for me so much while being here. I understand why that is one of the first principles we teach. If we didn't know this, why would we be willing to change? I can't wait to share the message of God's love with His children! Tuesday needs to hurry up!

That's all I've got for you this week. Next time I write I will be in Idaho! HOORAY!! I'm not sure if I will be able to call you, but if I can it will be anytime after 7 AM MST. I hope I'll be able to! If not, El Dia de la Madre is coming up!

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Hermana Clay

PS I can't seem to figure out the picture thing again. Sorry.

(Here are the pictures.  She did get it figured out!)







No comments:

Post a Comment