Friday, April 18, 2014

 Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Hi family,

This week has been great and full of miracles. This is truly the Lord's work! Here are a few from this week:

Wednesday: This day was FULL of miracles! We didn't have VC this day. After studies and lunch we went out into our area. We knocked on a door and a woman named Aide opened. Literally everything about our visit was a miracle. It was hailing outside, which I think is part of the reason she let us in. She was normally at work the time that we came, but that day the machine that she works with broke down, so she didn't have work. She had met with the Elders before and didn't have any interest. But, now she is very interested! She is going through a really hard time right now. She needs the gospel in her life. We placed a Book of Mormon and committed her to baptism. It was such an awesome experience and there is no way it was coincidence. We have visited her again and she really wants to come to church. Her daughter, Astrid, joined us as well. Astrid really wants to learn more. She accepted the invitation to be baptized as well. These aren't solid dates or anything yet, but I am hoping in the following week they will be. They are super great.

After Aide, we went and visited Cecilio. He is such a cute, old man. He has struggled with knowing about modern day prophets. We went over the baptismal interview questions with him and he said that he believed in the prophets! Miracles! Last night was his actual interview. Our district leader said that Cecilio said that he really knew it was true when he watched General Conference. So awesome! Right now, the plan is for him to be baptized this Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. Woohoo!

After Cecilo, we went to the De La Riva family. They are a less active family. The kids are the greatest. They LOVE to talk and especially love to hug ALL the time. We read from the Book of Mormon with them and set up a time to come this past Saturday to have a FHE with them. The FHE was awesome. We talked about the real meaning of Easter with them. We played "Little Man" with them. They loved that. I thought about how many times we played that as a family. Fun memories. We brought brownies and ice cream and they had cheesecake and hot chocolate. It was SO hot in their house. A hot house + hot chocolate + kids constantly hugging you = no bueno. I mean it was good, but I was nasty. You'll see that in the picture I send.

Those are some miracles from this week. Oh yeah, and General Conference! That was so great. Saturday we were at the VC and ate WAY too much food. Sister Lusk makes the best food. I really loved Uchtdorf's talk. My goal is to be more grateful for the blessings Heavenly Father gives me. He said that being grateful is a catalyst to all Christ-like attributes. Also, President Monson was, as always, wonderful. "Love is the essence of the gospel."

I hope y'all are having a good week! I know, I used to never say y'all, but now I do all the time since I'm not supposed to use "guys". Look for the little miracles in your life! You'll be amazed with how much the Lord is in your life! Love you lots!

Hermana Clay  

1st picture is of the De La Riva family on our FHE night


2nd picture is of some things that came from a package. Mindi sent me the cutest greenie package! That was so fun to get and I got a good laugh out of it. Thank you so much, Mindi!!

Sister Collins and Kirata in the back. These sisters are hilarious. We work at the VC with them. Remember Sister Kirata? She was there when we went and visited the VC before I left.

More pictures





No comments:

Post a Comment