This week has been lots of fun! Here's what happened:
Sister Pulido and I were in charge of VC training this week. It actually went really well! We trained on recognizing and following the Spirit. We first watched Elder Bednar's videos (Patterns of Light) which y'all should definitely go watch. Then, we read Moroni 7 and shared our thoughts on it. It was amazing to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts on that chapter. We didn't even get through it before we had to finish up. I definitely learned a lot from that training!
A whole bunch of Sister Pulido's family came to visit! It was so much fun. We got together at a church and had Panda Express. Her family is so cute! I'm glad that she was able to see them!
We went on exchanges again this week and I went with Sister Jones. It was great to be with her! She is really good at making people feel comfortable, especially in the VC. She is very diligent in missionary work!
Richie came to the VC to visit! It was great to see him. He was down in IF to buy himself a suit for church. He said that everything is going well and he's excited to get the priesthood soon and help with the sacrament. I asked him what has been his favorite part so far and he said that he can forget about his past and be a new person now. He is great!
Our most favorite Elder and Sister Huntsman had us over for dinner on Saturday! We serve with them in the VC. They are so cute! Sister Pulido taught us how to make tinga! Hooray! I finally know how to make my favorite hispanic dish!
We met an amazing man on Saturday night! Sister Pulido and I have been praying to find someone prepared in our area. Most of the people we have been teaching/finding just weren't very interested in the gospel at the time. But we finally found someone! His name is Rafael. He let us come in and told us that he loved what we taught. We began to teach about the Book of Mormon and the power it contains. We invited him to be baptized and he probably gave the most sincere "yes" I have ever heard in a Spanish lesson. He had read the Book of Mormon before, but lost his copy. We gave him another copy and he kissed it when he got it. So cute! I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father that He led us to Rafael! He is great and I can't wait to meet his entire family. I know that the Book of Mormon really can change people. It is amazing!
On Sunday, I realized it was the last Sunday that I would have the opportunity to play my violin in sacrament meeting. In a matter of one hour, we got it all pulled together and I was able to play one last time. I sure do love that branch! The Spirit is always so strong there!
That's about it for this week! Happy birthday to Mom! Love y'all tons!
Hermana Clay
Picture 1: Laser tag last P-day with the zone!
Picture 2: Pulido Family!
Picture 3: Dinner with the Huntsman's!
No comments:
Post a Comment