Hey family!
This week was great minus getting a little sick. But, I'm all better now! It's tradition that I get sick every other transfer, so I'm glad I got it over with!
We were able to meet a few new people in our area this week. We finally found the Yellowstone trailers and holy cow is it a master piece. There are so many trailers there! We met a lady named Jackie and she was awesome. She was excited to read from the Book of Mormon. The girl that we took out with us actually knew her and invited her to come over for dinner one night. Solid. I love having such great members out here!
I also got to see Aide again. I haven't seen her in a year! She is still the same cute lady and she still doesn't really want to progress. Sad. But, it was great to see her!
We also saw Raquel for just a short minute. She seems to be progressing very slowly. She is starting to see how she has changed for the better the past year with having the missionaries come to her home. We are going to continue working hard to help her feel ready for baptism!
I went on exchanges with Sister Alaiasa this week! She is awesome! She is very bold and loves to work. It was great to be with her and to learn from her example.
Sister Pulido and I were able to go out to lunch with Elder and Sister Gee this week! It was SO great to see them! They have been such an influence on me. While they were serving at the VC, I would always ask them what their "words of wisdom" were and write them down in my Book of Mormon. I truly treasure those and the many wonderful times I've had with the Gee's! Love them!
Sister Pulido and I were also able to go to Jerrica's baptism. She was the one that came into the VC that we were able to help get in contact with the missionaries. She was so excited to be baptized and it was awesome to be there! We are excited to continue keeping in contact with her and see her progress in the gospel.
I love serving in the Visitors' Center! It is super cool to meet so many different people. There is a man named Matt who comes in pretty frequently. Last year, he met with the missionaries and was baptized. He's now been through the temple and goes once or twice a week. He is awesome! He lovessss President Monson and always comes into the VC to listen to Monson's testimony. He came on Sunday and told me all about how he loves the gospel. I told him that some how I would get him a ticket to General Conference so he could see President Monson. Dad, you should start working on that ;)
I read a talk this week by Richard G. Scott that I thought was awesome. He gives us ideas on how we can share the gospel with others. Make sure to take some time to read it!
Love you all bunches! Can't believe how fast time is going by! Have a great week! Happy birthday to Christian!
Hermana Clay
This is how much my companion loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment