Tuesday, August 11, 2015

LAST EMAIL! - 8/10/11

Hey family!

I cannot even believe how fast this past week has been! It was absolutely wonderful. I saw so many people that I love. I kind of wish it hadn't gone by so fast! But it was great.

It’s crazy to think that my time as a full time missionary is already up. I am beyond grateful for these past 18 months. I’m grateful that Heavenly Father led me to the decision of serving a mission. It has been the best decision I have ever made, as cliche as that sounds! The people here are amazing and I love them! I have learned so much from them. I have learned the importance of hard work. Because of them, one day I will have my own garden.  I have learned what it means to be a true fellowshipper, someone who is an “Amulek”. My testimony of the temple has grown tremendously. We need to make it a priority in our lives. I have loved serving at the Visitors’ Center. I have met people from all around the world. No matter what language we speak or where we come from, the gospel can help and bless each one of us. Families are central to the gospel. As we implement the teachings of our Savior, we can have happiness here and in the life to come. We can be with each other forever. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. The church has been restored. The priesthood is here today. The power of prayer is real. God really does listen to us and answers us. Many times, it is not in the way or the answer we were hoping for. But, it is always for the best. I know without any doubt that the Book of Mormon is true. That book has changed my life and I have seen it change the lives of others. 

The biggest testimony I have gained while serving my mission has been of my Savior, Jesus Christ. He lives! He is here today. His Atonement is real. As I have applied it, I have been strengthened to do things I never thought I could. He has made my weak things become stronger. I have seen how He has helped the people I have taught. I have seen the miracles that have come from Him and my Heavenly Father. In the Visitors’ Center, I love to stand next to the Christus and testify of Him. I am just tall enough that when I stand next to Him, His hand is on my shoulder. It’s as if He is literally right next to me. He came here to show us the perfect example. He is preparing mansions for us. As we keep His commandments, we will one day return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven again. These past 18 months have been difficult, but I would never change my decision to serve. I am terrible at expressing how deeply grateful I am for this gospel, but I think that Ammon said it best: 

"My brothers and my brethren, behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have supposed when we started from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto us such great blessings? And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell? Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work. Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land. Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26:1-3, 35-37)

God lives. Christ lives. Missionary work is the greatest. I love y'all and I’ll see y'all tomorrow!

Hermana Clay




No comments:

Post a Comment