This week was super busy! It was really fun though! Here's the highlights:
A family from Brazil came into the VC. The daughters spoke very broken English. We were able to speak Spanish to them and they understood pretty well. However, when they spoke Portuguese to us, we had no clue what they were saying! Sister Pulido was finally able to understand what it's like to not know what someone is saying. They were not members and were super interested in the church. They took a Book of Mormon and we were able to help them sign up for a family search account. Super great experience.
All of the departing missionaries were able to go to the Rexburg temple! It was a great experience. So much peace comes from the temple. I'm excited to be able to go more frequently.
We had breakfast with Miriam this week! Remember her? She is the one that got baptized last year. She is still so amazing! Unfortunately, her husband is struggling right now. However, that does not bring Miriam down. She is going to get her patriarchal blessing soon and is planning to prepare to go to the temple. I have never met someone with so much faith as her!
We had MLC this week! It was super great! I learned a bunch. Recognizing and listening to the Spirit has seemed to be a theme for me this transfer. President Hancock talked about that. It reminded me of a talk I read this week. It has become one of my favorites! I encourage you all to read it and see how you can apply it into your life. :)
This weekend was the Hispanic Conference! It was weird to be back there with Sister Pulido again. It was her first weekend in the mission last year! The conference was great. Saturday was games and food. That's always awesome.Sunday was the conference at BYUI. There were a lot more people this year! The talks were so good. Elder Batt and Sexton (from the Seventy) were there. They focused a lot on how we don't always see the seeds we plant and also on the Sabbath Day. Loved it all! I also got to see a lot of people from my old areas, so that was fun!
That's about it for this week! I can't believe that I only have one more week! Happy birthday to Asher this week! Love y'all bunches!
Hermana Clay
Picture 1: Don't be too jealous of how good looking we are.
Picture 2: I will forever be a giant next to Sister Pulido.
Picture 3: My favorite family from Iona South 9th Ward came to visit me! Love them!
Picture 4. I held another baby this week. He is the cutest. It's my old Ward Mission Leader's baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment