This week was wonderful. CECILIO WAS BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED THIS WEEK!! Oh my goodness, it was amazing. He is amazing! The Spirit was so strong during the baptismal service, even though it didn't go quite as planned. Hno. Perez started before we could take a picture, but luckily we were able to snap one really quick. I was able to play the violin. I did a medley of "Yo trato de ser como Cristo" y "Hazme andar en luz". We put the words in the program since most of the people there wouldn't know those songs. When I started playing, they all started singing along. I was a little confused at first, but it ended up being great. It brought the Spirit even more. I am so grateful that I was able to play.
I have to tell a story about Cecilio. His baptism was moved to this week so that his family could be there for it. None of his family ended up coming. When we visited him later after his baptism, he was telling us that that morning he was really disappointed that his family wasn't going to be there. He felt very alone. But, he said that he knew that was Satan trying to bring him down. He went into his room, shut the door, and prayed. He said he felt peace and calmness. HOW AWESOME IS HE?!
So, there's that super great highlight of the week. I ate a few more fun things this week. We went to the Taco Bus and I had a cabeza taco. It was a little slimy, but good. Then, yesterday, we ate SO much food. The Huerta's had us over for pozole. Holy yummy. I had pigs feet. They were really good.
We were able to meet with Ana twice this week. Every time we visit with her the Spirit fills the room. It's awesome. She is awesome! But, she won't get baptized. Yesterday, we had dinner with her and were able to understand a little bit more about why she won't be baptized. She has had the missionaries come for YEARS. Her husband is the problem. He won't listen to us. He goes in his room and shuts the door every time we come. He doesn't support her and she wants his support. Understandable. But, still a bummer. We have a plan though, so hopefully something will work out.
We also were able to make contact with Nayeli's mom. Finally! We're helping her move this weekend. We're praying this will open her up a little more to us.
Life is wonderful. The work is hard, but it's the greatest. Seeing the happiness that the gospel brings into other people's lives is the best. We can always be happy as long as we choose to be.
Have a wonderful week! Share the gospel with others!
Hermana Clay
CECILIO!!! He's just missing his cowboy hat.
Taco Bus. It is so dang windy here.
This is why I have gained so much weight. The VC is basically a death trap. There were 5 bags of chips on the table next to that counter and then chocolates at the front. Hijole.
Here are some more pictures for you from my companion's camera
From a couple weeks ago
My gorgeous comp
Elder Lusk. when we took that picture he said, "i look like a corpse." i love him.
Marjorie. she came out teaching with us. she's going back to Ecuador for a little. she's great
No comments:
Post a Comment