This week has been fun. We were in a trio with Sister Gonzalez who is from Paraguay. She's great. We had to cover both areas so that was interesting.
We were able to go to the temple on Tuesday! It was so wonderful. The Idaho Falls Temple is BEAUTIFUL! I love it. The art work inside is amazing.
Lessons with Aide continue to go well. She is keeping her commitments! She really likes the Book of Mormon. Who wouldn't?
Saturday was a crazy day. We started off in the VC. Uncle Dan, Aunt Kathy, Justin, Candice, and Kade all showed up! I loved seeing them! It was fun to take them on a little tour of the VC. All the sisters that were working there said that I look just like Dan. I don't see it, but I guess everyone else does.
After VC, we went to a community Cinco de Mayo party at the zoo. The missionaries had a little booth there. We passed out Books of Mormon, movies, VC cards, and all sorts of stuff. So much fun! Here's a funny story from there: We had a sign that said that families can be together forever. One man came up and said that there's no way that was possible. As my companion and I were talking to him about how it is possible and how are families can make us happy, a fight between two women broke out right next to our table. Perfect timing, right? One of them drew blood. What made it even better is that one of the women was pounding the other woman's head with a Restoration movie. Nice.
After Cinco de Mayo and an awesome picnic dinner, we went to contact a referral we received. We ended up talking to his neighbor. When we asked him to read the Book of Mormon he said no. After a while it turned to maybe and then before we left he said yes. It was awesome.
As we were leaving, I decided to turn the car around and go talk to a man we saw outside. He ended up being a less active member. Our conversation was awesome and there's no doubt in my mind that we were supposed to turn around and talk to him.
Those are a few highlights from this week. We had transfer calls and Sister Caballero and I will stay together!
Have an awesome week and I can't wait to talk to you on SUNDAY!!! Love you all lots.
Hermana Clay
Dancers at the Cinco de Mayo celebration. They were so cool.
Uncle Dan and Aunt Kathy
The best trio.
No comments:
Post a Comment