Hey family!
It was another great week.
We taught Richie about the Word of Wisdom. He is seriously the most prepared person ever. After explaining it all, he said that it would be a little hard to give up coffee, but he is totally willing to do it. He even brought up questions about his baptism and what it would be like. I can't wait until he doesn't have to work anymore on Sundays!
We had exchanges with our STLs this week that went really well. I loved having them up here again. It was fun.
We have been working with a less active, Lori, for a while now. When I first met her, she was very sad and depressed. Now, although she still has problems, she is much happier. She has been to church for the past 4 weeks and tells us that she feels much better after she goes. It has been neat to see the difference in her countenance and attitude over the past few months. I know that she is happier because she is accepting the Gospel more in her life.
On Saturday, we got to go to Jackson! It was so much fun. Jackson is beautiful. The pass is scary, but we made there and back alive. There are a ton of hispanics there, so we will be busy. The Elders have been teaching a couple, Diana y Jonathon, for a little bit. We went with them to a lesson so we could transition them from the Elders to us. Diana and Jonathon are amazing! They want to be baptized and sealed in the temple. The only thing holding them back is that they need to get married. I am excited to work with them. The lesson was super powerful and I know that they will soon accept the Gospel into their lives.
We did a fireside for the youth of Victor 3rd ward this past Sunday. It was so much fun! We based it off of this talk. I LOVE it! I have studied it a lot this past week and have basically talked about it in every conversation I've had. Haha I hope y'all will read and study it! And then apply it! Always think of the reason why behind your actions. If it doesn't align with your purpose (understanding and doing God's will), then it's not worth it.
Lots of other great things happened this week. Hopefully this upcoming week will be full of miracles as well! Happy birthday to Grandma Brammer! Love you all lots!
Hermana Clay
Pictures: Driggs holds an ice sculpture contest every year. Here's a few of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment