Hola familia,
This week was great! We were able to beat our member present goal. Hallelujah. Members add SO much to lessons! Here's a few things about this week:
We taught Nayeli this week. She's 12 or 13, I'm not sure. I LOVE her. She is very reserved, but once you gain her trust she'll talk to you. She is so beautiful. Her home life is not good. Goodness, I wish I could get her out of there. It was really sad. I am so grateful that I grew up in such a great home with a wonderful family.
We taught Ernesto at the VC. When he came in we asked if we could watch the hour Restoration movie with him. He said that was too much time but that he would watch half and then the other half another day. He ended up staying for the whole thing plus more afterwards to look around. He really enjoyed the movie and had some really great questions.
Miriam Huerta is the sweetest woman ever. We talked about the Restoration with her. And then about how men are dumb. It was a good time.
We were out in our area trying to find people and we saw a Hispanic man sitting outside. We stopped to go talk to him. He was crazy. He told us that there was a big man with a big nose that came to preach the gospel. He also said that there were people from other worlds that came to get gold but they were so stiff that they couldn't reach it. I had a really hard time holding in my laugh.
Yesterday, we had an awesome experience. We had about 30 minutes before we had to get to dinner. Sister Caballero saw a virgin Guadalupe on a car so we stopped to try that house. There was a sign on the door that said something like, "We're Catholics. We don't need any other religion!" We decided it would be fun, so we knocked. A woman answered and was SO nice! She told us to come in and go upstairs where her husband and 3 other relatives were eating. They had us sit down and ended up feeding us! Oh man it was so good. We talked about the Book of Mormon and they were all really receptive. They each said that they would read it and said that we could come back. Hooray! This gospel brings so much happiness! I'm so grateful I have the chance to share it with others.
That's it for this week. Hope you all are doing well! Miss and love you lots!
Hermana Clay
PS Happy early Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment