Hi Family,
This week was pretty good. Let's see if I can remember about it.
We were able to meet a few new people that seem somewhat open to listening to us. Hooray! We need more people to teach so we're hoping they will be the ones.
We taught Rocio on Thursday. Originally we planned to meet at her home, but then we felt like we should take her to the Visitors Center. Good thing we did because she had just lost her job that day and was in need of some serious comfort. The VC was the best place to take her. Sadly, she didn't come to church so we have to push back her baptismal date.
I know I always say this, but I love the Visitors Center. A few weeks ago a couple came in who was less active. The woman was going through a really hard time. She smoked and was just in a rough spot. This week that same couple came back in. I can't tell how different they were. Even though they were still struggling, they looked SO much better! They didn't smell as strong as smoke. They went back to church and started reading the Book of Mormon together. It was such a neat thing to see. Miracles happen!
We also had zone conference this week. It was awesome. President and Sister Brinkerhoff are the best. They have so much love for each of the missionaries. I learned a lot from that meeting. Our standard of excellence has changed. Elder Perry came and told President that each companionship should baptize 20 people in a year. Holy cow. It's definitely possible though. One thing that was said that I loved was, "The Lord uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible." (D&C 35:13-14, D&C 29:4-6) I was also able to play my violin for the meeting. Sister Shumate and I played "If You Could Hie to Kolob". Sister Shumate is awesome at piano. So that was fun.
Not much else to report. Hope you all are doing well! Happy birthday Cawubee!
Hermana Clay
The "snowball tree" in front of the Lusk's home. Before this picture, we had a snowball fight with them. Good times.
The Lusk's made us the best icecream/milkshake. So yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment