Sunday, July 19, 2015

Happy 4th of July!

Hey family!

What a great week it has been! Hope you all had an amazing 4th of July!

Last Monday, the Lusks took a last minute road trip with us up to the Palisades. It was SO beautiful! I think the best part was the square ice cream from Swan Valley.

Tuesday: We were finally able to work in our area! It went pretty well. We were able to visit with Raquel! I love that grandma! She is so sweet and cute. She was telling us her concerns about baptism. She has many problems going on in her family. It was so sad. But she said that she has felt different since the missionaries started coming and that we have made an impact on her. We're praying that we can know how to help her overcome her concerns and fears. She is amazing!

On Friday we had MLC with our new mission president, President Hancock! He and his wife are wonderful! I already love them. They are a lot different than President and Sister Brinkerhoff. This MLC was different than the other ones I have been too. There were a lot of things that stuck out to me. Here's a few of them:
- "If Heavenly Father is giving you a blessing you better take it." Sister Hancock
- More faith = more success
- Obedience and faith will protect you more than what the adversary can tempt you.
- This is what President Hancock said that would keep us active in the church: Always have a temple recommend, always be worthy of the sacrament, and always accept church callings.
I can already tell that our mission will be extremely blessed by President and Sister Hancock! I'm grateful that I have the chance to get to know them just a little bit!

Saturday was the 4th of July! And guess who I saw?! Julianne, Ryan, Sam, Annie, Joe, Brian, Brittany, and Kelsey (my old companion...so weird to call her that.)!!! It was the greatest. Sister Pulido's family also came up so we were able to visit with them as well! Watching the fireworks was SO cool! We had the best spot. It was right next to the river where the fireworks went off. Apparently, Idaho Falls fireworks is second in the nation. 

Yesterday was a great day at the Spanish branch! The second and third hour were combined. We talked a ton about keeping the Sabbath day holy. Our branch president said that one day every day will be like the Sabbath so we better learn to love it! He also said that the husbands should be the ones to take the children to the foyer because the mothers need to hear the talks. They are the ones who (usually) spend the most time with the children and teach them about the gospel. We also talked about the supreme court ruling about marriage. One thing that we need to remember is that the law of man never overrules the law of God.

That's it for this week! I'm so grateful that I was able to see a little part of my family! Thanks for taking time to see me! Love y'all tons! Hope you have an amazing week!

Hermana Clay


Willes! Can't wait to be roommates.


Palisades trip!



Blurry! Sorry, it's the only picture I have with the Weaver family. Just missing Sammy!


Matching VC sisters!


Little boy and Brittany!

No comments:

Post a Comment